Friday, June 20, 2008

Moving Day

Back to Fort Ward State Park this morning and new treats while on my walk/run. Mt. Rainier was fully visible today in all its snow cone glory. Way up ahead on the South Beach Road I could see a baby deer, so I ran as quietly as I could, hidden behind thick shrubs, to get a closer look while he was occupied with his meal. As I approached I slowed to a quiet walk and then the doe appeared along with a second spotted fawn. I just burst out loud with, "ohhhh, you are sooooo cute!" My voice got very high on the emphasized cute. The threesome looked at me for a moment and slowly made their way up their narrow steep deer trail into the dense forest. When deer rub their antlers on the tree trunks in my garden, girdling the trees, I am less than happy about their presence. When they gobble up my budding roses and loads of other shrubs I again am not too pleased. But when I saw that little family I couldn't help but fall in love with those sweet cuties.
It's a big day out in bunny world in the back yard. The orphaned bunny that I found in our garden last December has graduated from his temporary quarters and moved into the recently vacated big hutch. There is so much more to see in his new home. His new location offers a wonderful view of the Tan, a doe, that will be a new source of desire. I think he looked a bit frightened at first in his new house, but he will eventually enjoy the view and the expansive quarters. It's supposed to get warm today and tomorrow so perfect timing to vacate the shed where it gets quite hot in the summer. Both of our bunnies love roses and the climbing Cecil Bruner is now supplying an ample source for their munching pleasure. Happy new home sweetie.

1 comment:

AstridMueller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.