Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finished

Yarn: Simply Shetland, Colours of Scotland, Silk Lambswool
Color: Culzean #.036
Pattern from:
Hand-knitting: Spring/Summer (てあみニット)
by Nihon Vogue (日本ヴォーグ社)
I lengthened the sleeves.
At first the yoke was too tight using the specified hook size so I ripped the entire yoke and started over again with a hook 2 sizes larger and now it fits perfectly.
I'm happy with how it turned out.
While working on this sweater I was very frustrated with the yarn since it has lots of bits of scratchy plant materials spun into the yarn. But the worst part was that the first ball had dozens of breaks in the yarn so I have loads of ends to weave in.
I do like the scallopy edging.
This pattern is in Japanese so it was a fun puzzle to try to figure out how to make it.
It definitely flexed some brain muscles.

No comments: