Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In the Garage



It has been too cold for the bunnies to be outside for the past few days (nights rather), so they are in the garage where it is much warmer than the arctic freeze outside. There are windows in there so they get some nice light. It's much easier to feed them in the garage instead of slogging through the tundra to get to the hutch corral. I have lilies to plant but the ground is frozen solid. This has been one relentless winter. But I do very much enjoy the sunshine we're having. The sight of the low morning light illuminating the iridescent feathers of a pheasant yesterday was a moment that I just wanted to park in my brain forever. It was spectacular. As the pheasant moved about, pecking away at the ground right at my back door, shiny brown feathers would magically transform into mauve, aubergine and orange.
I've been copicing my pussywillow, next up is the eucalypt to keep the juvenile foliage going strong. I think the crocus are a bit late this year, likely because of all the cold weather we have had. The stripey purpley ones are my favorite. The solid purple ones have taken over my garden.

No comments: