Monday, November 10, 2008

Off the Needles, On the Hook

Here's a closeup of a scarf that took one day to knit.
I modified a pattern from Twinkles Weekend Knits
and used up a Rowan Big Wool Print yarn that has
languished in my stash for a long while.
This one is still in progress.
It's a Rowan pattern called Bark that I have wanted to make for years.
It is crocheted in a quarter circle to make a shawl.
Eventually it will have a picot edge of Rowan Big Wool Tuft.
I have started this pattern at least six times with different yarn combinations in the last few weeks, ripping countless stitches and rewinding ball after ball. Now I think I have found a combination that I am happy with. The pattern is supposed to be made with very thick yarn and when I worked it up in that yarn it was too stiff for my liking. This may be a great pattern to start using up the expansive stash pile, or I may use up the stash to make a stripey knit blanket.

Note: I have ripped the whole shawl. I didn't like it after all.

No comments: