Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Knitting in the Garden

Waiting around has its advantages, especially when something tangible is produced. Although with this pattern I have had some major ripping seasons. One misplaced stitch throws the whole thing into chaos. I have to train myself to check each row before continuing on to the next row, instead of blissfully knitting for twenty rows and then taking a look. There is great satisfaction in solving a knitting riddle. Several of my stitch markers had slipped under yarn-over stitches and fouled up the whole sequence of the pattern. I finally figured out the problem and am now happily knitting again instead of the dreaded rip. This yarn is delightful to work with. I bought it at an alpaca farm in Oregon, near Mt. Hood (alpaca babies have to be some of the cutest things on earth!), even though I found when I came home that it is also available at my local yarn shop (but not in the color I chose). The color seems camouflaged amongst the geraniums, so I guess it will feel like I'll have a garden wrapped around my neck once it is finished. I bought two skeins of the yarn, not knowing what I would make with it, and I will continue the triangle until I run out of yarn.

No comments: